First, let’s stop pretending that intuition is ‘woo-woo’ or ‘out there.’
Each one of us is endowed with the five physical senses of sight, smell, taste, hearing & touch. We are also endowed with spiritual senses of imagination, will, and intuition (among others).
Merriam Webster defines intuition as:
(noun) a natural ability or power that makes it possible to know something without any proof or evidence : a feeling that guides a person to act a certain way without fully understanding why
- something that is known or understood without proof or evidence
(adjective) quick and ready insight
- immediate apprehension or cognition
- knowledge or conviction gained by intuition
- the power or faculty of attaining to direct knowledge or cognition without evident rational thought and inference
Examples of Intuition
We’ve all had experiences when we just knew something without knowing how we knew. For example, we may have felt a ‘funny feeling’ about someone, and later had a bad experience with them. Or, you may have had a ‘gut feeling’ to turn left instead of right, thereby avoiding a car accident. Perhaps you were thinking of someone you hadn’t talked with in years, and they called out of the blue. Maybe you had a bad feeling about a loved one, and later found out they were injured.
Are these experiences coincidence or did some part of you just know?
From its latin roots ‘intueri’, Intuition means “in to you” or “to look inside.”
Intuition is so much more than simply receiving random information ‘out of the blue.’ Intuition is a sense each of us was born with, just like our imaginations. And like our five physical senses & the spiritual sense of imagination, some of us use and trust them more than others.
Intuition is a way of interacting with a dynamic living responsive universe. And, just like going to the gym to get fit, lose weight and strengthen your muscles, you can also learn to harness, cultivate, develop and use intuition.
Intuition isn’t just for healers
“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
You don’t have to be a healer to use or benefit from intuition. I happen to have a car mechanic whom I call the “car whisperer.” Is this because he whispers to my car when he thinks I’m not looking? No. It’s because he often just knows what’s wrong, especially in cases when the “symptoms” don’t make sense.
Many doctors are highly intuitive, relying on both book knowledge and internal knowing for making complex diagnoses. Somehow, they just know, even before the tests results come back from the lab.
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, business executives, and numerous other public figures have openly shared that they not only believe in intuition, they use it on a daily basis to make both day-to-day as well as significant life decisions.
Albert Einsten, a physicist considered by many to be one of the most highly intelligent scientists who ever lived, stated matter-of-factly that his insight did not come from logic or mathematics. It came…from intuition and inspiration. “When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge.” Elaborating, he added, “All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration…. At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason.” Thus, his famous statement that, for creative work in science, “Imagination is more important than knowledge” (Calaprice, 2000, 22, 287, 10).
So why is there all this hype about intuition, as if it’s an anomaly, something to be mistrusted, or even feared?
It’s simple really. We tend to fear what we don’t understand.
If you would like to remove the veil of mystery, learn what intuition is and how to cultivate, harness and use it for your benefit as well as the benefit of others I would like to invite you to join me for a new workshop series ‘Cultivating Intuition & Spiritual Abilities.’
n this workshop series you will have the opportunity to explore, learn, and cultivate:
– What is intuition?
– Chakras and energy centers: what are they, how do we access them?
– Tools for self-healing and healing of others / healing of the planet
– Where does intuition come from?
– Why do some people seem intuitive and/ or “spiritual” and others don’t?
– How do we access intuition?
– How do we enhance it?
– How do we discern if it’s our intuition or our imagination or outside influence?
– How do we use it responsibly (in service to the Greater Good)?
– What are the applications for intuition and spiritual abilities?
– Temple of the Sacred Heart
– Communicate with your soul, angels & spirit guides
- Cultivating Intuition & Spiritual Abilities workshop is designed to help you explore and cultivate your Internal Guidance System and Spiritual Abilities.
- Class is designed for each person’s needs and experience.
- No previous experience or training necessary.
– No previous experience or training necessary
Live Your Purpose with Passion & Prosperity
Subscribe to our E-mail list and receive tips & insights for living your purpose with passion & prosperity, information about upcoming classes & workshops, and receive a complimentary copy of our E-Book Conscious Living Every Day - a compilation of mindful and meaningful tips, thoughts and exercises intended for your use to enhance your own practice of conscious living.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.