But what about the ‘between?’
- The decision has been made to go to college…and then you wait for your first day of classes.
- Or, you’ve finished your classes…and now you’re waiting for the graduation ceremony.
- You’ve sent out the resumes and have landed your dream job. You’ve given your two week notice…and now you’re between the old job and the new.
- You’ve said “Yes” to the love of your life. The venue, caterer, and florist are booked, dress chosen…and now you’re between being single and married.
- You’ve decided to stop putting off your dream safari vacation on the plains of Africa. Flights, hotels and guides have been booked, adventures scheduled…and then you wait…for what feels like forever. Until…the day finally arrives when your flight takes off for new and exotic lands.
- is now a college student
- had a crappy job and landed the job of your dreams
- was single and will soon be married
- never went to Africa, to “Why yes, I went on safari and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.”
As I’ve initiated a new path in my own life in the last 6 months I’m keenly aware these days of that ‘between’ space. It’s uncomfortable. I feel stuck. Like I can see the new path. Just there. But it’s ‘there’ and I’m ‘here.’ I remind myself frequently that feeling stuck is just a perception, because in reality I’m tuned in to the fact that there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that hasn’t yet materialized in the outer planes of my life.
Any time we initiate change the universe uses our vision as the foundation. And when we keep our attention on our intention the universe complies by lining up everything we need to make the transition as smooth, graceful and enjoyable as possible.
Serendipitous meetings occur where we’re introduced to just the right person who helps us find the most *amazing* place to live, who also connects us with our next perfect-for-us job. And the job connects us with people who feel like family, who help us navigate our way around and find the best coffee shops, yoga classes and art workshops in town. We’ve found our tribe! You get the idea.
The ‘between’ is like the chrysalis that will one day emerge as a beautiful butterfly. There is a period of dormancy, where nothing appears to be happening. However, we know that the butterfly is transforming on all levels from a fat-inching-along-the-branches caterpillar to a jewel-toned winged creature of immense beauty.
Fresh pages, never before written upon await you. Until then, give gratitude for the present that is so beautifully unfolding into your future. Enjoy the stillness of letting things unfold in grace and perfect timing. And rest in the spacious peace of knowing that all is well.
To your freedom,
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
Live Your Purpose with Passion & Prosperity
Subscribe to our E-mail list and receive tips & insights for living your purpose with passion & prosperity, information about upcoming classes & workshops, and receive a complimentary copy of our E-Book Conscious Living Every Day - a compilation of mindful and meaningful tips, thoughts and exercises intended for your use to enhance your own practice of conscious living.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.